Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Change of Plans!

Well, the last post said that I was going to get organized.  Just kidding :)

Instead of organizing this house we decided that it was time to buy a house of our own.  I think it started when we gave up TV for lent.  We needed something to do in the evenings so we started house shopping.  At first it was just online and then we started going out to look at houses with our Realtor, Nora. Who knew finding a house would be so hard!?  At this point we have put 4 offers on different houses and none of them have worked out.  We are currently sitting in the back-up offer position on our most favorite house but I'm not going to hold my breath.  I think we have looked at 30 houses by now, and we really aren't that picky.

The inventory is pretty low right now because house prices are so low, so unless someone has to sell their house, they are waiting for the market to pick up.  I'm hoping that come spring time and sunny weather, more people will put their houses out there.

I know that I just need to trust in the Lord.  He has a plan for us and he is going to take care of us.  It was pretty hard to accept when we didn't get this last house.  I thought it was a sure thing but someone outbid us.  But it wasn't His plan for us.  I just need to keep reminding myself to trust is God because when we do, and when we put our life in His hands, everything turns out better than we ever could have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment